Saturday, November 3, 2012

Black Excellence


I am a queen with skin that has been kissed by the sun. As a little girl I used to be ashamed for being black.  I hated my hair, my nose and my lips.  I never learned about my people in school other than the usual  Frederick Douglass, Harriet Tubman, Booker t. Washington  and Sojourner truth.  Now don't get me wrong, these leaders have done extraordinary things, but I know my people's history started way before we arrived in America.  So I have brought it upon myself to enlighten myself and my people about who we are and where we come from.  When you don't know where you come from you will not know where you are going. I am black excellence.  I am a queen who is growing and evolving.  My purpose is to serve others.  My purpose is to ignite the fire and passion in others, especially women. What does black excellence mean to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment